The Stetson men’s soccer team will open the 2013 season on Friday, hosting UMass Lowell at the Athletic Training Center at 5:00 p.m. The Hatters will continue regular season action on Monday, playing at USF at 7:30 p.m.
Both games can be watched live with Friday’s home contest streamed on Hatter Vision, and Monday’s road game available on USF’s Bulls Cast. Live Stats will be at GoHatters.com on Friday and GoUSFBulls.com on Monday. For Twitter updates fans can follow @StetsonMSoccer all season long.
General Admission tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for seniors and students at the Stetson Athletic Training Center. All home soccer matches are free to Stetson students, faculty, and staff with a Stetson University ID. For more information call (386) 738-HATS. Monday’s game at USF is $7 for adults, and free for students grades K-12.
• The Hatters have won the Atlantic Sun Conference Championship twice; in 2005 and in 2009 under Coach Fleck.
• Stetson returns 10 players from last year’s team, including seven from the starting lineup.
• The Hatters welcome 14 newcomers to the squad in 2013, which includes three sophomores and one senior.
• Stetson is looking to improve on last season’s 3-10-2 record.
• The Hatters are 56-37-14 under T. Logan Fleck over the last six seasons.
• Evan Jimmo and JJ Bostic are the only returning Stetson players to have scored a goal last season.
• Senior Raffaele Centofanti had the most assists (two) of all the returning players in 2012.
• Andreas Schnabl holds the Stetson record for career shutouts (12), and is currently first in school history with a GAA of 1.19.
• UMass Lowell is in its first season of NCAA Division I play. The River Hawks went 15-6-1 last season in Division II.
• The Hatters and the River Hawks have never competed against each other in men’s soccer.
• USF went 8-6-5 last season and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
• The Bulls hold a 24-4-1 advantage over Stetson in the all-time series between the two teams, which dates back to 1965.