In its last weekend before starting Atlantic Sun Conference play, the Stetson women’s soccer team will travel to Michigan to conclude its five-game road trip.
The Hatters (2-3-1) will play at Eastern Michigan (1-4-1) on Friday at 5:00 p.m., and then take on Detroit (3-4-1) on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Stetson is 1-2 on the current road trip, and will look to move above .500 before finally returning home on Sept. 27 to host UNF.
Fans can follow the action with Live Stats by logging on to EMUEagles.com on Friday and DetroitTitans.com on Sunday. Sunday’s match might also have a free live video stream available; check back to the Stetson Women’s Soccer Schedule Page for the live link.
As always, fans can also keep up with everything going on in the world of Stetson women’s soccer by following @StetsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram, or by signing up for the Hat-Alerts text messaging service.
• Amber Grose leads the Hatters with four assists this season. She is tied for third in the Atlantic Sun Conference in total assists, and is third outright in assists per game.
• Five freshmen have made appearances for Stetson this season, and four have started for the Hatters in 2013.
• Stetson has scored four goals this season and each has been recorded by a different Hatter; Alyssa Welsh, Kait Jones, Makeshia Lucien, and Carmen Bernecker.
• After opening the season with five straight home games – including exhibitions – the Hatters are amidst a five-game road trip. Stetson will finally return home on Sept. 27.
• Eastern Michigan is 1-4-1, but the four losses were to #23 Ohio State, #14 Michigan, Indiana, and Michigan State.
• Stetson and Eastern Michigan have never played each other in the 20 year history of Hatter women’s soccer.
• Detroit is now 3-4-1 after defeating Bowling Green on Tuesday night. The Titans have played three ranked opponents in #18 California (L, 1-2), #8 Notre Dame (L, 0-4), and #11 Michigan (L, 0-2).
• Stetson holds a 1-0-0 advantage in the all-time series against Detroit. The Hatters won the lone meeting 1-0 in DeLand back in 2003.
• Eastern Michigan and Detroit played to open the 2013 season with the Eagles coming out on top 3-2 at home on Aug. 23.