|Moran Leads Award Winners at Stetson Graduation|
DeLand, Fla. - Stetson men's tennis graduating senior Dane Moran (Morpeth, Australia) was honored at this past weekend's 2012 convocation ceremony with the Etter McTeer Turner Award for outstanding performance, leadership and community service, one of the university's highest undergraduate honors. Moran led a large contingent of Stetson student-athletes recognized for their academic and community excellence over the past four years.
The following Hatters were also honored Saturday at the Edmunds Center:
* Integrative Health Science Scholarship & Service Award - Maria Harper (women's cross country) for outstanding academic performance, research skills and commendable service to the Department of IHS, Stetson and the DeLand community.
* Outstanding Marketing Senior - Matt Delisle (men's soccer) for outstanding performance as determined by the Marketing faculty
* Sport Management Service Award - Alexandria Buelow (women's golf) and Kerry Kerlin (assistant to Director of Operations for Events James Stem)
* Wendell Jarrard Sr. Award for Excellence - Maksim Levanovich (men's tennis) and Alexandria Buelow (women's golf) for the scholar-athlete that best exemplifies academic excellence, athletic competition, leadership and moral values. Dr. Jarrard was a valued Stetson trustee, friend and financial advisor with impeccable character, sportsmanship and devotion to family and philanthropy.
* Omicron Delta Kappa inductees - Madeline Briggs (women's rowing), Dane Moran (men's tennis), Kristen Mueller (women's soccer) and Sammi Smith (women's golf) for excellence in academics, creative and performing arts, campus and community service, journalism and athletics.
* Stetson Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) - Kai Eckenrode (men's soccer) and Chelsea Whalley (softball) received grants to work with a faculty mentor on a summer research project courtesy of the Palm Beach Community Trust, Frueauff Foundation and the Swisher Foundation.
* Festival of the Moving Image (Second Place) - Matt Delisle (men's soccer) for digital arts/short film projects selected by jury and student choice.
* ACS Award for Achievement in Analytical Chemistry - Kyle Burton (men's cross country)
* Ruth Cobb Arnold Award - Jacqueline Horbert (women's rowing) for interest in Exceptional Student Education, demonstrated excellence in teaching and Christian values in everyday living.
* Master Life Challenger Award - Alyssa Thompson (women's cross country); scholarship for Accounting majors.
* Beta Alpha Psi Scholarship Award - Chris Hyma (men's tennis)
* Outstanding Senior (Biology) - Courtney Jenista (women's soccer)
* Outstanding Senior (Geography) - Crossley Simmons (women's soccer)
* Outstanding Senior (Psychology) - Shannon Martin (women's rowing)
* Outstanding Junior (Accounting) - Sara Lazarevic (women's tennis)
* Outstanding Junior (Biology) - Clarke Tatje (women's tennis)
* Outstanding Junior (Communication & Media Studies) - Kai Eckenrode (men's soccer)
* Outstanding Junior (Family Business) - Shannon Harrell (women's cross country)
* Outstanding Junior (Geography) - Kristen Mueller (women's soccer)
* Outstanding Junior (General Business Administration) - Hunter Miller (men's basketball)
* Outstanding Junior (Marketing) - Kerry Burke (women's rowing)
* Outstanding Junior (Mathematics & Computer Science) - Sammi Smith (women's golf)