After a 1-0-1 weekend to start the 2013 campaign, the Stetson women’s soccer team returns to the field this Friday, playing host to Florida International. The Hatters and the Panthers are scheduled to kick off at 7:30 p.m.
General Admission tickets for Friday’s game are $5 for adults and $4 for seniors and students. All home soccer matches are free to Stetson students, faculty, and staff with a Stetson University ID. For more information call (386) 738-HATS.
For fans unable to make it out to the game on Friday, you can keep up with the action in a number of ways. The contest will be live streamed on HatterVision with play-by-play from Ryan Rouse. There will also be Live Stats available at GoHatters.com, and the @StetsonWSoccer Twitter feed will send out live updates from the field.
• Stetson earned its first win of the season on Sunday, defeating Troy 2-1 in overtime.
• Sunday’s win marked the first victory at Stetson for new head coach Manoj Khettry.
• Kait Jones’ game-winner in the 99th minute was the fifth score of her career and just the second game-winner.
• Carmen Bernecker’s first half goal against Troy was the first goal of her career at Stetson.
• Amber Grose assisted on both goals on Sunday, matching her team-leading season total from 2012.
• This past weekend marked the first time in program history Stetson opened with back-to-back overtime games.
• Stetson tied the season opener against Embry-Riddle on Friday, 0-0 in double overtime.
• It marked their first draw in a season opener since the Hatters tied USF 0-0 in 2004.
• Florida International leads the all-time series between the two teams, 13-4-1.
• Last season FIU topped Stetson 4-0 to open the season. The Hatters defeated the Panthers as recently as 2011.
• FIU is in its first season as a member of Conference USA.