The Stetson women’s soccer team will hit the road this weekend, opening a five-game road trip that will last nearly the entire month of September. The Hatters play at Georgia Southern on Friday at 7:00 p.m., and then challenge South Carolina State on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
This weekend, the Hatters (1-1-1) will be looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season. Stetson fell to Florida International by a score of 2-0 last Friday after opening the year 1-0-1 with a win over Troy and a draw against Embry-Riddle.
For fans unable to make it to the games this weekend, you can keep up with the action on Friday by tuning in to live stats or the subscription based live video stream available at GSEagles.com. Sunday’s game can be followed on the @StetsonWSoccer Twitter feed or by signing up for Hat-Alerts.
• Stetson suffered its first loss of the season last weekend, falling to FIU at home by a score of 2-0. Last season the Hatters lost to the Panthers 4-0.
• After opening the season with five straight home games – including exhibitions – the Hatters will now begin a five-game road trip before finally returning home on Sept. 27.
• Stetson earned its first win of the season on Aug. 25, defeating Troy 2-1 in overtime. It marked the first victory at Stetson for new head coach Manoj Khettry.
• Kait Jones’ game-winner in the 99th minute against Troy was the fifth score of her career and just the second game-winner.
• Carmen Bernecker’s first half goal against Troy was the first goal of her career at Stetson.
• Amber Grose assisted on both goals on Sunday, matching her team-leading season total from 2012.
• Stetson and Georgia Southern have met four times in the all-time series. Each team has won twice, playing each season from 1993-95, and then in 2012.
• Last season Georgia Southern defeated Stetson 2-0 in DeLand early in the year. The Hatters’ last victory was in 1995.
• Stetson and South Carolina State have met just two times in the all-time series, with the Hatters coming out victorious both in 2000 and 2001.