The Stetson men’s soccer team will take to the pitch on Sunday for the Hatters only contest of the weekend. Stetson will host first year Division I member Grand Canyon at 7:00 p.m. at the Athletic Training Center.
The Hatters are coming off of a 1-1 opening weekend, which included a thrilling overtime victory over UMass Lowell on Friday. After senior Evan Jimmo’s golden goal lifted Stetson to victory, the Hatters went to Tampa and fell to USF late in the game on a penalty kick.
Sunday night’s contest in DeLand will have general admission tickets priced at $5 for adults and $4 for seniors and students. All home soccer matches are free to Stetson students, faculty, and staff with a Stetson University ID. For more information call (386) 738-HATS.
For fans unable to make it to the ATC on Sunday, live video will be available on Hatter Vision with Ryan Rouse on the call. Live Stats at GoHatters.com, the @StetsonMSoccer Twitter feed, and the Hat-Alerts text service are also available for in-game updates.
• Stetson opened the 2013 season with a 1-0 overtime victory over UMass Lowell.
• Senior Evan Jimmo scored the game-winner against the River Hawks, just over one minute into the first overtime period.
• Senior Andreas Schnabl’s shutout against UMass Lowell was the 13th of his career, which is a school record.
• Schnabl also currently tops the Stetson record books with a career goals-against average of 1.19.
• Stetson lost its second game of the 2013 campaign, falling on the road at USF 1-0 on a late penalty kick.
• Grand Canyon is in its first season of NCAA Division I play. The Antelopes went 15-3-2 in Division II competition last season.
• The Hatters and the ‘Lopes have never faced off in men’s soccer action before.
• Grand Canyon faced a familiar foe for the Hatters on Thursday. The ‘Lopes lost to A-Sun member Jacksonville 3-1.