The Stetson men’s soccer team returns home after a four-match road trip this Saturday. The Hatters (1-4-2) will host La Salle (2-3-2) at the Athletic Training Center at 7:00 p.m. in the team’s final non-conference contest before the start of A-Sun play.
Stetson is coming off of a solid result last weekend. The Hatters traveled to James Madison and left with a 1-1 tie. Stetson hasn’t played at home since September 8, when the team tied Grand Canyon 2-2. The Hatters are still an undefeated 1-0-1 in DeLand this season, and will look to remain that way on Saturday.
La Salle is 2-3-2 overall and has won two out of its last three matches. The Explorers defeated Saint Peter’s and Lehigh, while falling at Drexel over the last two weeks. La Salle is only 0-2-2 away from home this season.
Saturday’s contest will have general admission tickets priced at $5 for adults and $4 for seniors and students, but any fan with a ticket for this Saturday afternoon’s football game against San Diego will be charged just $1. All home soccer matches are free to Stetson students, faculty, and staff with a Stetson University ID. For more information call (386) 738-HATS.
The match can also be watched live on Hatter Vision with Ryan Rouse on the call. Live Stats on GoHatters.com, the @StetsonMSoccer Twitter feed, and Hat-Alerts are also available for in-game updates.
• La Salle and Stetson have never met in the all-time history of both programs.
• The Hatters have scored six goals in 2013, each recorded by a different player; senior Evan Jimmo, freshman Gianluca Carbone, senior Chase Rodgers, senior JJ Bostic, junior Dwight Lodge, and freshman Justin Shirah.
• Shirah leads Stetson with one goal and one assist on the season, coming off the bench in all seven of the Hatters’ games.
• Senior Andreas Schnabl’s shutout against UMass Lowell was the 13th of his career, which is a school record.
• Schnabl also currently tops the Stetson record books with a career goals-against-average of 1.27.
• Schnabl’s eight saves against Grand Canyon tied a career best (Also 8 at FIU on 9/9/11). It tied for the most since Logan Potter’s 13 vs. Lipscomb on 10/9/09.
• 13 new players have seen action this season, and eight have started. Moreover, nine freshmen have appeared in matches in 2013, and four have been in the starting lineup.