The Stetson University tennis program will hold its annual summer instructional camps for kids looking to take their game to the next level. The camps, for both boys and girls will be broken up into two sessions and will be held in mid-June and last through the end of the month.
The first session begins Monday, June 16 and will last through Friday the 20th, while the second session is just a week later and will last from June 23-27. The camps are open to boys and girls, ages 6-18 and are broken up into three separate options for campers, based on their specific needs and scheduling options.
The first option is a half-day camp, for kids 6-8 years old. It lasts from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., each day with a cost of $175.
Option No. 2 is for kids, ages 9-18 years old who can dedicate an entire day (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) to tennis instruction with a cost of $295, and lunch will be provided.
The final option is an overnight camp which begins the Sunday evening before and lasts until Friday afternoon. The cost for the overnight option is $595, and food as well as lodging will be included.
Each session will feature daily instruction from current Hatter coaches and players and every camper will receive a complimentary Stetson University Tennis Camp t-shirt.
Parents wishing to sign their children up for one of the three camping options and for one or both sessions, can go to gohatters.com, click on men’s tennis, and go to the camp/clinic registration tab underneath the Inside Men’s Tennis side menu or just go directly to the camp’s registration link at http://bit.ly/1n6ZLjC.
Once registration is complete, parents will have to complete Stetson’s Sports Camp Permission, Risk Acknowledgement & Liability Waiver here: http://bit.ly/1eqVpkH , as well as the Emergency Medical Info and Treatment Permission/Liability Release Form here: http://bit.ly/1m3lNng .
Stetson Tennis Camp
- Daily instruction from Stetson University Tennis coaching staff and collegiate tennis players.
- Low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision (Overnight camp).
- Half-Day camp available for Lil’ Hatters (6-8 years old).
- Safe, healthy and fun environment.
Session #1 (June 16-20) | Session #2 (June 23-27)
Both sessions offer the following options:
- Ages: 6 to 8 years old
- Days/Time: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon
- Cost: $175 (lunch not provided)
- The Half-day camp is specially designed for the 'Little Hatters', with the courts dimensions, racquet sizes, and tennis balls all adapted to this younger population.
- Ages: 9 to 18 years old
- Days/Time: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $295 (lunch included)
- In this camp, the mornings are dedicated to technical skills development, while the afternoons are oriented toward tactical efficiency and match play (both in singles and doubles).
- Ages: 9 to 18 years old
- Days/Time: Sunday at 5 p.m. through Friday at 5 p.m.
- Cost: $595 (all meals and housing included)
- Enjoy the features of the Day Camp, plus fully experience the beautiful and historical Stetson University Deland campus.
NCAA bylaws 13.12.13: Stetson University Camps/Clinics are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).