The Stetson men's soccer team will team with Relay for Life
to help benefit the American Cancer Society at this Friday's "Coaches vs.
Cancer" game against North Florida.
With a goal of raising awareness of cancer, acknowledging
survivors, and honoring those who lost their lives to cancer, 2012 marks the
third annual Coaches vs. Cancer men's soccer games in the Atlantic Sun
Stetson and Relay For Life will be raising money for the
American Cancer Society in a number of ways in the week leading up to Friday
night's home game, which is being labeled a "purple game." All fans are encouraged to wear purple in support of the American Cancer Society.
- There will be a chance drawing for the framed and autographed Stetson jersey pictured. Tickets for the drawing are $5 for one, or $20 for five.
- Relay for Life tie-dye t-shirts will be on sale for $5.
- Purple cupcakes will also be sold at the game.
- Donations will be accepted.
- There will be a special ceremony at halftime.
- All proceeds from the match will go
to benefiting the American Cancer Society.
Fans looking to donate to the cause, or who are interested
in the signed Stetson jersey, should contact Shelby Grimes at email@example.com.
The Hatters take on North Florida at 7:00 pm on Friday
night. Stetson will then host ETSU on
Sunday at 1:00 pm for Senior Day. The
Atlantic Sun Conference schedule concludes with a road contest at Florida Gulf
Coast on Wednesday, October 31 at 7:00 pm.